The SSI Dive Guide Course is an important step in the diver's career, as it is the professional entry level of SSI.
This program gives you the skills and knowledge you need to lead groups of certified divers safely, being the first step towards the exciting career of the Professional SSI Diver. As such you can work at SSI Dive Centers, guiding dives in a variety of environments and conditions.
Upon completion of the program, you will receive the SSI Dive Guide certification.
Requirements to participate:
- Minimum Age to Participate: 15 (18 to be able to perform functions as professional DIVE GUIDE) Certification Prerequisites:
- At least 40 dives, totalling at least 25 hours, to start training
- At least 50 dives, totalling at least 32 hours, to issue the Certification/li>
- Be certified as SSI DIVER STRESS & RESCUE
- Be certified in the specialties of: DEEP DIVING, NAVIGATION and NIGHT & LIMITED VISIBILITY (or present proof of experience with 5 dives recorded in each of the areas) Prerequisites for Active Professional Status:
- Medical certificate for recreational diving practice with less than 1 year
- FIRST AID AND CPR certificate under 2 years
- OXYGEN ADMINISTRATION certification under 2 years
Theory sessions: 5
Pool / Confined Water Sessions: Variable
Open Water Dives: Variable
Maximum Depth on Formation: 40 meters
SSI DIVE GUIDE Digital Manual
SSI DIVE GUIDE International Certification Digital Card
See the General Terms & Conditions.