Would you like to help instructors with open water scuba courses and gain valuable teaching experiences to become a diving instructor? Then qualifying as an Assistant SSI Instructor is the right program for you!
Learn to teach new divers with the academic knowledge and confined water skills under the supervision of a diving instructor.
The Assistant Instructor rating is the next step after becoming one. It allows you to gain valuable teaching experience, practice briefings, teach and conduct training on the water. If you want to progress in your career as a diving professional, you can finish the Instructor Training Course, pass the Instructor Assessment and become an Open Water Diving Instructor.
Cursos Profissionais - SSI
- Minimum Age to Participate: 18 Certification Prerequisites:
- At least 60 dives, totalling at least 40 hours, to start training
- At least 70 dives, totalling at least 50 hours, to issue the Certification
- Have DIVEMASTER certification Prerequisites for Active Professional Status:
- Medical certificate for recreational diving practice with less than 1 year
- FIRST AID AND CPR certification under 2 years
- OXYGEN ADMINISTRATION certification under 2 years
Theory sessions: 8
Pool / Confined Water Sessions: 5
Open Water Dives: Not Applicable
Maximum Depth in Formation (meters): 5
Suggested duration for the Program (hours): 35 – 42
Qualifications after Certification::
In addition to competencies such as DIVE GUIDE SSI, an ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR SSI can certify the following programs: SCUBA RANGERS, TRY SCUBA, SCUBA SKILLS UPDATE, PERFECT BUOYANCY
In addition to competencies such as DIVEMASTER SSI, an ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR SSI can also:
Teach the Academic and Confined Water sessions of the SSI OPEN WATER DIVER course (with the exception of emergency climbs).
Teach and evaluate surface exercises in the Open Water sessions of the SSI OPEN WATER DIVER course.
Become a SPECIALTY INSTRUCTOR for some of the SSI SPECIALTY PROGRAMS.
Participate in an INSTRUCTOR TRAINING COURSE.
See the General Terms & Conditions.